GAISCE – THE PRESIDENT’S AWARD / JOB SPECIFICATION
Position: Marketing Manager
Reporting to: The CEO
Contract: Fixed-term position for 3 years
Salary: €58,000 – 62,000 DOE
Location: Dublin (some travel may be necessary)
Application Form: Download here
Full Job Specification: Download here
We are looking for a talented individual with a track record of achievement to raise the profile of Gaisce, increase participation in the Award programme and broaden Gaisce’s revenue streams.
About Gaisce – The President’s Award
Gaisce – The President’s Award is a self-development programme for young people which enhances confidence and wellbeing through participation in personal, physical and community challenges. Gaisce is a direct challenge from the President of Ireland to young people aged 15-25 to dream big and realise their potential. Gaisce is non-competitive: participants set and achieve goals with the support of a trained, adult President’s Award Leader (or PAL). The Gaisce programme is delivered by over 1,500 PALs working and volunteering in a variety of organisations across Ireland. There are three levels of Gaisce – Bronze, Silver and Gold. The more time and energy participants give, the greater their reward. www.gaisce.ie
Following an internal restructure within Gaisce, a new position of Marketing Manager has been created, combining the twin functions of communications and business development. The new role will be a position of key leadership and responsibility within in the organisation and a member of the senior management team. The role of the Marketing Manager will be to design and implement a comprehensive and ambitious communications and business strategy that will: significantly raise the profile of Gaisce amongst key stakeholders; increase participation in the Award programme; and secure additional funds to ensure delivery and continued sustainable growth of the organisation.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
– Develop and implement a multi-platform (e.g. branding, digital, media and PR) communications plan to reach and engage with Gaisce’s key stakeholders, which include young people, awardees, organisations that deliver Gaisce, and supporters of Gaisce (private and public).
– Support the strategic direction of Gaisce by developing and implementing a revenue development plan which delivers increased funds (reaching set targets) through optimising existing sources of funding and identifying new sources of revenue (corporate partnerships, philanthropic giving and EU funding opportunities etc.).
– Build and maintain effective relationships and networks to advance objectives of the role including current/new donors and supporters, media, C&V/youth organisations and policy makers.
– Oversee all Gaisce’s online and printed communication materials, ensuring all communication activities are managed appropriately, professionally and in line with best practice and data protection legislation.
– Plan, coordinate and manage an event calendar incorporating award ceremonies and key events for sponsors to meet objectives.
– Work closely with the Operations and Development Manager, supporting the CEO and being an active member of the senior management team.
– Manage a small team, motivating and empowering each member to perform to the best of their ability and in according with the HR policies and procedures of the organisation.
– Measure, evaluate and report on communication and business development activities on a regular basis and as requested.
Full details of the role and job specifications can be found here.
This is a 3-year fixed term appointment with a 6-month probationary period. The appointment is covered by the Single Public Service Pension Scheme and membership of the scheme will be compulsory for the successful candidate. There is a holiday entitlement of 25 days in the first year, excluding public holidays.
Applications for the post are by application form only. Applications available on the Gaisce website or by request to email@example.com. You can download the application form here. Completed application forms should be sent either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Marketing Manager’ or by post (marked ‘Private & Confidential’) to: Gaisce – The President’s Award, Ratra House, North Road, Phoenix Park, Dublin D08 YD62. Queries can be addressed to the same email address.
Closing dates for applications is 5pm on Monday, 2nd October 2017 with a view to interviews being held w/c 9th October 2017.
All applications received within the deadline will be screened against the role requirements and the person specification.
Gaisce, Gradam an Uachtaráin – the President’s Award is committed to best practice and operates on the basis of equal opportunities. Applications are therefore invited from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates. Appointment will be based solely on merit and canvassing will disqualify.